- This event has passed.
The Whiskey Belles
December 16, 2022 - 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm$10
The WhiskeyBelles are bringing Christmas to The Bend
Roots Country Music, Born of Gin Halls and Juke Joints – Hank Williams passion, Carter family harmonies, with a little Hee Haw mixed in for good measure. The WhiskeyBelles are a traditional country and Americana trio based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Belles are widely known for captivating shows featuring their own take on classic and obscure vintage-country, Americana, folk-revival and roots-country tunes, with their own witty originals sprinkled in. They’ve been compared with the Pistol Annies, Dixie Chicks and Trio (Dolly Parton, Emmy Lou Harris & Linda Ronstadt). The ‘Belles have personalities as big as the Texan skyline – they have a great time on stage, and love to share the fun with their audience.
The WiskeyBelles Christmas show features unique arrangements to traditional holiday favorites as well as a plethora of originals from their Christmas album that showcases a holiday spirit infused into their repertoire.
Chrissy Dzioba – Vocals and Acoustic Guitar
Sara Moilanen – Vocals and Bass Guitar
Kimberly Unger – Vocals and Fiddle
Whiskey Woman – 2012
Nothin’ Says Christmas Like Whiskey – 2013
Tales From the Bootleggers Ball – Live Album – 2015
Dance in the Moonshine – 2017
- Won the Shepherd Express Best of Milwaukee Award for Bluegrass Band – 2021
- Won the Shepherd Express Best of Milwaukee Award for Alt-Country AND Bluegrass Band – 2020
- Won the Shepherd Express Best of Milwaukee Award for Alt-Country Band – 2018
- Won the WAMI award for Americana/Bluegrass Artist of the Year as well as the coveted People’s Choice Award.
- They have opened packed shows for stars such as The Violent Femmes, Charlie Daniels, Montgomery Gentry, The Lost Trailers, The Kentucky Headhunters and Cadillac Three.
- They have garnered much praise from Milwaukee Magazine, naming their debut album, “Whiskey Woman” as one of the 10 best local albums of 2012 and ranking “Nothin’ Says Christmas Like Whiskey” in their “Top 10 Picks for November 2013”
- The title track from their debut album, Whiskey Woman, recently climbed to #8 on the monthly Freeform American Roots Chart (FAR).
- They’ve performed live on Fox 6 News for their local segments, “Wakeup” and “Studio A” and on NBC TMJ4 “Morning Blend” as well as the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s online video music series, “Sound Check”. They were also thrilled to be a part of the WISN Channel 12 annual Christmas special, “Season to Celebrate”.
Doors open at 6:30 PM to give you time to find your seats, visit our historic lobby, concession stand and fully stocked bar!
Show begins at approximately 7:30 PM